
Have you ever had someone you looked up to or had someone who made your life so much better? Remember back in middle school when you had to write about someone who influenced your life in a good way? While all the other kids were writing about the President or some other famous person, I sat in the back writing my essay on my step dad Jeff. Nobody understood why I picked him until I got up and read my essay to the class. Without my step dad my family would have been nothing and would have had nothing. He was only 19 years old when he meet my mom. When they met, my mom had me and my three older sisters and he walked in the relationship knowing she was a single mom of 4 girls. 19 YEARS OLD and he treated us like we were his own. My mom said when he asked her on their first date she said she couldn't go because she didn't have a babysitter for us and he asked what do you need a babysitter for? And she said Jeff I have 4 kids remember and he said yes i know but what do you need a sitter for, bring them with us. So he loaded all of us up and took us to the drive in movies. Not many young men would have pursued a relationship with a woman knowing she had 4 kids already.. At the time my mom had a not so good job and when my dad found out about it he made her quit and got her a job working with his mom at the bar. He helped my mom stop all her bad habits and get her back up on her feet again. If it wasn't for him my family would be nowhere with nothing. All of my siblings would probably be in foster care somewhere. I can remember him sleeping on the couch one day and I crawled up on his belly and asked, "Can I call you Daddy?" And he said in the gentlest voice I had ever heard," Sweetheart, you can call me anything you want." Ever since then he's been my daddy and there ain't no one who can tell me different!!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
He's My Hero..
Posted by Misty at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment