Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Childhood...


My name is Misty Ray, I was born on September 19,1992 in Pittsburg,PA. I was the youngest of three girls and had a younger brother. Raised by my mother and step father in Culloden, WV, because my bio father chose a different lifestyle than what my mother approved of me growing up around. At the time I thought I had a pretty boring childhood growing up way out in the country, all there was to do was play in the creek or run through the woods acting as though we were Indians. But looking back now I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the "boring" childhood I lived. Most don't appreciate life until they are older and having children themselves and they realize what all worse could have happened or how bad it really could have been. I used to sit back and think my life sucked and all the other kids had cooler parents because my mom made us get up and go to school every morning and if we didn't make the grades that we should have then we were grounded. But if it weren't for that I wouldn't have the knowledge I do today or I would have been in trouble with the state for not going to school. My mom made us do house chores every day and wake up early on Saturday morning to do a big house clean while the other kids slept in, but if it wasn't for that I would know what responsibility is and how to manage a clean house for my family in the future.

0 comments: